Thursday, October 25, 2012

Meeting London



I wish I could go back to England. The opportunity to widen my horizons was such a blessing; I encourage everyone and anyone to travel. The night life in London was incredible. There are many different areas of life in the London area. A few that I visited was Soho, Covent Gardens and China Town.
Soho is said to be where the “Londoners” hang out. What astonished me was seeing local bar goers walking around in the streets with pints of beer. This is not uncommon to see. It is legal to venture the street with your drink. I thought this was awesome! It created such a relaxing and enjoyable scenery. 

         Covent Gardens was also a very lively part of the city that many tourist journey around. It has great markets and small restaurants and pubs that were very welcoming. One area of town, which I cannot remember what it was called, had an amazing Indian restaurant. I ordered a chicken curry and it was absolutely phenomenal! With my meal I also had a yummy mango smoothie that was meant to soothe my pallet after dinner. As I sat in the restaurant next to a large window looking out into the city, I felt overly blessed to be able to experience the exciting life that is out there. It opened my eyes to new cultures and I realized there is so much out in this world to see than what we have in America.

After dinner, a friend and I searched for a nice pub to enjoy a few drinks in. First, we set off to find the rest of our group, but we ended up finding this amazing bar called, “The Adventure Bar.” Oh, and it was sure an adventure. This bar was underground in a basement. Definitely something I was not use to. The dim red lights and the funky music really set the mood for a fun and unique time. After a couple drinks at the bar we finally ran into a few others from our group and everyone else ended up loving the bar just as much as us!

No comments:

Post a Comment